24.12.06

Christmas Song

Christmas Song
(David J. Matthews)

She was his girl
He was her boyfriend
She'd be his wife
Take him as her husband
A surprise on the way
Any day, any day
One healthy little giggling dribbling baby boy
The wise men came
Three made their way
To shower him with love
While he lay in the hay

Shower him with love love love
Love is all around

Not very much of his childhood was known
Kept his mother Mary worried
Always out on his own
He met another Mary
Who for a reasonable fee
Less than reputable was known to be
His heart was full of love love love
Love is all around

When Jesus Christ
Was nailed to the his tree
Said "oh, Daddy-o I can see how
It all soon will be
I came to shed a little light
On this darkening scene
Instead I fear I spill
The blood of my children all around"

So I'm told
So the story goes
The people he knew were
Less than golden hearted
Gamblers and robbers
Drinkers and jokers
All soul searchers
Like you and me

Rumors insisited he soon would be
For his deviations
Taken into custody by the authorities
Less informed than he
Drinkers and jokers
All soul searchers
Searching for love love love
Love is all around

Preparations were made
For his celebration day
He said "eat this bread
And think of it as me
Drink this wine and dream it will be
The blood of our children all around"

Father up above
Why in all this anger have you
Fill me up with love
And the blood of our children
Is all around
________________________________________

Um Feliz Natal a todos! =)
________________________________________

* Ouvindo: Hamilton de Holanda Quinteto - Pra Sempre

Nenhum comentário: